JAGAR ARCHITECTURE is a creative design company of innovative retail, commercial and residential projects. JAGAR was founded in 2009 by the architect José Antonio González and has quickly become an important creative partner for various entrepreneurial initiatives across the southwestern USA and Mexico.
Our company has interest in commercial and residential projects of all scales and context, as well as a strong commitment towards exploring innovative directions in design and branded architectural representation; and collaborations with marketing, media, furniture design, business creation and hospitality professionals.
Before launching JAGAR, Jose had over 10 years of previous experience in design and architecture firms around the world - such as Team Haas Architects in Austin, Sauerbruch Hutton Architects in Berlin and RGA Architects and Planners in New York City.
In addition, Jose collaborated with Frank Gehry and Edwin Chan at Gehry Partners as a design associate for seven years, with involvement in several national and international projects such as the "Puente de Vida" Biomuseo museum in Panama City, the Brooklyn Atlantic Yards Arena and Towers in New York; and the Hall Winery in Napa Valley.
José Antonio González holds a Bachelor of Architecture with honors from the University of Texas at Austin, is an active member of the American Institute of Architects and is a licensed architect in the state of California.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA
- Periodico REFORMA, Revista ENTREMUROS, La Curiosidad me gano (Spanish), Mexico 2016 - click here to open article in PDF
- Revista PUEBLA DOS 22, Emprendedor, Arquitecto y Poblano (Spanish), Mexico 2016 - click here to open article in PDF
- American builders Quarterly, Casa Azul, 2014 click here to open article in PDF
- Interview from Impre Media about hispanic professionals in California (Spanish) 2012
- 3M Architectural products invites Jose Antonio Gonzalez to become their Brand Ambassador to the Milano Design Fair 2011.
- Elle Magazine, Oliver Ifergan Beauty Products Line, USA, 2011
- “Putting the Art in Architecture”, A-List International Mag., San Diego, California, 2009 click here to open article in PDF
- “La otra cara del Tequila”, Loop Magazine, 2009 (Spanish) click here to open article in PDF
- “Four Mexican Talents Abroad: The Embassador”, Architectural Digest, Mexico, 2008 click here to open article in PDF
- “Design: Option to create”, La Opinion newspaper, Torreon, Mexico, 2008 (Spanish) click here to open article in PDF
- “From Mexico to the World”, Reforma newspaper, Mexico City, Mexico, 2007 (Spanish) click here to open article in PDF
- “The Mexican with Frank Gehry” and "Arruga y Venceras", Cal y Canto Magazine, Queretaro, Mexico, 2007 (Spanish) click here to open article in PDF
- “MARta Herford, el surrealismo de Frank Gehry”, co-writing, Terracota Magazine, Colombia, 2006
- “El Taller Gehry, Jugando a la Arquitectura”, co-writing, Summa+ Magazine, Argentina, 2005
- “Frank Gehry 1987-2003”, design team, El Croquis, Spain, 2006
- “FOG: Flowing in all directions”, design team, MOCA:CIRCA, Los Angeles, CA, 2005
- “Sauerbruch Hutton Architects 1997-2003”, design team, El Croquis, Spain, 2005
- “Mexican Entrepreneurs”, TV Documentary, Channel 22, Mexico, 2004
- “Panama, Puente de Vida”, design team, GA Document 73, Japan, 2003
- “Metropolitan Carpets Project”, Professional Thesis, A-matter magazine, Germany, 2002
-“Fuera de Mexico: Design Process”, Universidad Modelo, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico 2015
-"Architectural Stages" w/ Edwin Chan, Universidad Colon, Veracruz, Mexico 2014
-“Fuera de Mexico”, Universidad Loyola del Pacifico, Acapulco, Mexico, 2012
-"Architectural Stages" w/ Edwin Chan, Academia Colombiana de la Arquitectura, Colombia 2010
-“El Mundo, Tu Mundo”, Enlace Universitario, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico, 2010 - 2011
-“Fuera de Mexico”, Architecture Week at Acapulco Tec, Guerrero, Mexico, 2009
- “Architectural Stages”, “Universidad Juarez del estado de Durango”, Durango, Mexico, 2008
- “Architectural Stages”, “Universidad Iberoamericana”, Mexico City, Mexico, 2007
- “International Architectural Processes”, “Expo CIHAC” Marco Lecture Series, Mexico City, Mexico, 2007
- “International Architectural Processes”, “Expo 2007” Lecture Series, Queretaro, Mexico, 2007
- “Brick Vanguardist Design”, ANFALIT Lecture Series, Bogota, Colombia, 2007
- “Architectural Processes”, “Universidad La Salle Laguna”, Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico, 2007
- “Architectural Processes”, Playa del Carmen Architects Institute, Quintana Roo, Mexico, 2005
- XI International Architecture Congress, “Universidad de las Américas”, Puebla, Mexico, 2005
- XXV National Architecture Convention, FCARM, Acapulco, Mexico, 2004